MACHINERIES AND EQUIPMENT(S) INVOLVE IN THE EARTHWORK ACTIVITIES
- DUMPING TRUCK
- SURVEY EQUIPMENT.
I). SURVEY AND SETTING OUT.
- Appointment of license Surveyor.
- Proceed with boundary survey and setting out.
- Verification by the S.O or S.O.Rs’ on the survey done by license surveyor.
- Upon completion of 1st KM of the boundary survey , the site clearing activities will proceed.
II). SITE CLEARING.
- Mobilisation of the Machinery(s) and equipment(s).
- Upon the completion of 1st KM boundary survey by the Licence surveyor, the site clearing shall start.
- All clearing shall been done with in the site boundary.
- Prior to clearing at any chainage of the road, Construction Manager or contractor rep. shall identify if there is any existing crops or structure within the area that require the attention of S.O. / S.O.Rs’. If there is any, Contractor Reps’ shall inform the S.O / S.O.Rs’ for verification. Photo of evidence shall be properly taken and area affected shall be define clearly.
- No Site clearing shall proceed at the affected chainage unless officially directed by the S.O.
- All debris from the clearing activities shall be properly dispose within then project site. If there is any debris need to be dispose beyond the site boundary, contractor shall abide to the local authorities rules and regulations.
- No debris Shall being dump within the filling area designated for permanent road.
- No burning shall be allow as a method of disposing all the debris.
- The Construction Manager or Contractors’ Rep. shall notify the S.O / S.O.Rs’ on the location of the dumping site as to suite the site condition.
III). EARTHWORK – CUTTING ACTIVITIES & SLOPE FORMATION.
- Cutting activities shall be done as shown in the construction drawings.
- Prior to cut and fill activities, all top soil shall be scrub and stock pile for later usage(if necessary) at the designated stock yard area which will be jointly identify at site by construction Manager / Contractor reps. and S.O / S.O.Rs’.
- Prior to cutting, the soil sample shall be tested for their suitability as fill material for the fill area. If the material are suitable, it shall be stock pile at the designated area which will be identify at site by the Construction Manager in the event that the filling activities have not yet proceed or otherwise.
- All the unsuitable material from the cutting area shall be dispose according within the site boundary.
- Temporary access for existing traffic shall be provided as and when needed.
- In the event that the temporary access are provided, there shall be enough detour signboard, AWAS sign, CONSTRUCTION IN PROGRESS sign and any others safety precaution signboard shall be erected to prevent any danger to the user.
- During working hours traffic officer (s) shall be assigned to control the flow of traffic at the affected area.
- Temporary drainage shall be provided along the construction site (if necessary) to drain-out the surface water.
- All temporary drain shall be discharge to the nearest stream / river / nearby drain. All discharge outlet shall be provided with silt trap before it being channel to the stream / river / nearby drain.
- Joint Inspection shall be conducted to verify the work done.
IV). EARTHWORK- FILLING / EMBANKMENT ACTIVITIES.
- Prior to filling activities or embankment activities, all the material that is going to be use as filling or embankment material shall be tested for the suitability. Marking peg for the purpose of filling or embankment layer thickness shall be established.
- After setting out of the fill or embankment area, the filling or embankment activities than shall started. The filling activities shall be done in layer. Each layer shall be properly compacted and tested before subsequence layer is lay.
- The process shall be repeat until it reach the proposed finish platform level as per construction drawings.
- All filling shall confirm to the approved construction drawings.